Jourdan Dunn is one of the most successful British models working today. Since being discovered at age 15, she has walked the runways for top designers like Prada and Louis Vuitton, appeared in campaigns for brands like Gap and Yves Saint Laurent, and graced the covers of magazines including British Vogue and Elle. But before her modeling career took off, where did the now 33-year-old London native get her education?
Quick Facts About Jourdan Dunn
- Birthdate: August 3, 1990 (age 33)
- Birthplace: London, England
- Height: 5’10”
- Agencies: Storm Model Management (London), IMG Models (New York)
- Social Media: Instagram (1M followers), Twitter (171K followers)
Who is Jourdan Dunn?
Jourdan Dunn is one of the top British models of her generation. She was discovered in 2006 while shopping at a London Primark as a teenager and quickly signed with Storm Model Management. Her career took off in 2007 when she walked in over 60 shows during her first fashion week season.
Since then, Dunn has become the first black model to walk for Prada in over a decade and has also walked for Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Fendi, Balmain, and many others. She has appeared in campaigns for Yves Saint Laurent, DKNY, Topshop, and Calvin Klein, among other major brands.
Where Did Jourdan Dunn Go To College?
Prior to her career taking off, Jourdan Dunn briefly studied at the University of the Arts London (also known as Central Saint Martins). She was enrolled in courses related to fashion, design, and business.
However, Dunn ended up leaving school early when her modeling work started booking consistently. In interviews, she has indicated that the demanding lifestyle and travel required for modeling made it too difficult for her to keep up with university classes.
Though her college days were short-lived, the brief time Dunn spent studying fashion and design likely helped prepare her for success in the modeling world. The lessons about the business side of the industry also surely gave her a leg up in managing her own career.
Jourdan Dunn’s Modeling Career Highlights
Even without a college degree, Dunn has gone on to achieve tremendous success as a model:
- Named Model of the Year at the 2011 British Fashion Awards
- Became the first solo black model to cover British Vogue in January 2012
- Launched her own line of children’s apparel called Lil’ Dunn Kids in 2017
- Appeared in Beyoncé’s music video for “Yonce” and walked in her Ivy Park runway show
- Listed as one of Forbes‘ highest paid models, earning $4 million annually
What Causes Does Jourdan Dunn Support?
In addition to her fashion work, Dunn is dedicated to supporting charitable causes she cares about. She works closely with organizations like Sickle Cell Disease Association of America and Look Good Feel Better, and has traveled to impoverished countries like Uganda as an advocate.
Some of the model’s other philanthropic efforts include:
- Designing charity tees with 10 percent of sales going to the Jahnick Levy Foundation for Sickle Cell research
- Serving as a Global Ambassador for Starlight Children’s Foundation, supporting hospitalized kids
- Organizing school supply drives for underprivileged students
Follow Jourdan Dunn on Social Media
FAQs About Jourdan Dunn
How tall is Jourdan Dunn?
She is 5 feet 10 inches tall.
What ethnicity is Jourdan Dunn?
She has Jamaican, and British ancestry.
How old was Jourdan Dunn when she was discovered?
She was 15 years old when she was scouted at a Primark store in London in 2006.
Is Jourdan Dunn married?
Yes, she married model and streetwear creative director Dion Hamilton in 2014. They have one son together.
Does Jourdan Dunn have a skin care line?
Yes, in 2019 she launched a vegan and cruelty-free skincare brand called Skinglass.