Where Did Jake Elliott Go to College?
Jake Elliott, the talented and accomplished professional football placekicker, has made quite a name for himself in the NFL. Known for his powerful leg and impressive accuracy, Elliott has become a vital asset to any team lucky enough to have him. But have you ever wondered where this exceptional athlete honed his skills and developed his passion for the game? In this article, we will explore the college journey of Jake Elliott, delving into the institution that helped shape him into the player he is today.
The College Years
Jake Elliott attended the esteemed University of Memphis, where he played college football for the Memphis Tigers. Located in Memphis, Tennessee, this Division I program provided Elliott with the perfect platform to showcase his abilities and further his football career.
The University of Memphis
With a rich history and a strong emphasis on academics and athletics, the University of Memphis has established itself as a top choice for aspiring athletes. The university boasts state-of-the-art facilities, dedicated coaching staff, and a supportive environment that encourages growth and development.
Under the guidance of Head Coach Mike Norvell, the Memphis Tigers football program has experienced significant success in recent years. Known for its high-scoring offense and strong special teams, the program has produced several NFL-caliber players, including Jake Elliott.
Special Teams Excellence
Elliott’s college career was marked by numerous outstanding performances, particularly in the realm of special teams. As a placekicker, he consistently demonstrated his remarkable accuracy and ability to convert field goals and extra points. His strong leg and precise technique made him an invaluable asset to the Tigers’ special teams unit.
Achievements and Honors
Throughout his college journey, Jake Elliott earned several notable achievements and received well-deserved recognition for his exceptional skills and contributions to the game. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Lou Groza Award Finalist: In 2016, Elliott was named a finalist for the prestigious Lou Groza Award, which is presented annually to the top collegiate placekicker in the country. This recognition further solidified his status as one of the best kickers in the nation.
- All-American Selection: Elliott’s exceptional performance on the field earned him a spot on the All-American Team, showcasing his impact and influence in college football.
- American Athletic Conference (AAC) Honors: Throughout his college career, Elliott received numerous accolades from the AAC, including Special Teams Player of the Year and All-Conference honors.
In conclusion, Jake Elliott’s college journey took place at the University of Memphis, where he excelled as a placekicker for the Memphis Tigers football program. His time at the university allowed him to showcase his exceptional skills, earn various accolades, and further solidify his status as one of the top kickers in college football. Today, as a prominent figure in the NFL, Elliott’s college experience undoubtedly played a significant role in shaping his professional career.
- Where did Jake Elliott go to college?
- Jake Elliott attended the University of Memphis.
- What division is the University of Memphis football program in?
- The University of Memphis football program is in Division I.
- Who was the head coach of the Memphis Tigers football program during Jake Elliott’s college career?
- The head coach of the Memphis Tigers football program during Jake Elliott’s college career was Mike Norvell.
- What notable achievements did Jake Elliott earn during his college career?
- Jake Elliott was a finalist for the Lou Groza Award in 2016 and was also selected as an All-American.